Universal Studios, Japan : Ride the Movies

19:35 Unknown 0 Comments



There are 4 Universal Studios in the entire world, one of which is located in Japan.
When my colleague drafted our itinerary, this is one of the main highlights of the trip that I did not want to miss.

There were 3 non-negotiable attractions that I wanted to see, Spiderman, Back to the Future and of course, Harry Potter!

Unfortunately, Back to the Future closed down last May 31, 2016 and was replaced by Despicable Me's Minion Mayhem.

Mandatory photo with the rotating Universal Studios globe
This time, I packed myself some snacks learning from my mistakes in DisneySea. Haha

Note: If you're going to Universal Studios, look for the train with Universal Studios all over it! We got lost, because we got confused with the directions and rode a different train - which would have been obvious if we waited for the train metaphorically screaming Universal Studios. Haha


In previous years, Universal Studios have had several slogans such as "Jump into the Action" and "Experience the Movies" - which is utterly perfect for the theme park.

We decided to look for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter first. Walking along the Forbidden Forest, we saw Ron Weasley's Flying Ford Anglia which stirs up a lot of excitement.

Then there's Hogshead Village. It felt surreal being in a replica village from the Harry Potter films.






One of the definite must-tries is the Butterbeer, which initially I thought only comes with alcohol - but I was wrong. I ordered the regular Butterbeer (as far as I can remember) and got the one with the souvenir. Honestly though, it was so good that I wanted to get myself another cup.




We also saw the Hogwarts Express on our way to the castle. Everything was just enchanting, as you can see my photos we spent most of our time in the area  - but no regrets.

However, the line in the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was almost 2 hours long so we opted to go to Spiderman and have our first ride there.



The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman: The Ride deserves a two-thumbs up! There was a moment that I actually thought my face was gonna get hit by something, the 4K3D was that convincing!



We rode Space Fantasy, expecting that it was some mellow kiddie ride - but then again, I was wrong.
It's a mini rollercoaster that has a light drop, but has amazing effects! In my defense, who would think it was a rollercoaster ride when there were kids as short as my elbow level in the line? Haha

Of course, we had to go back and try the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. When they say some things are worth waiting for, this is definitely one of them! It somehow made me feel sick in the tummy afterwards, probably because of the effects that gave me motion sickness - but the experience was just amazing!






One of the most memorable rides, was Jurassic Park - The Ride. I was a bit scared, because it's been years since I've last ridden an actual rollercoaster - and I'm not much into surprises, because I'm jumpy and easily scared. Haha So yes, there was a drop.

Overall it was exhilarating, and on top of that I looked like I just got out of the shower because most of the water splashed on me. So hello, wet hair and clothes on a cold autumn night.

Tips:
1. Better pack yourself some food and water if you wanna cut cost, and just buy food and/or drinks that you wanna try.
2. Go for the Single Rider Line! It's almost as good as getting an Express Pass.
3. Bring extra clothes, just in case you get showered in the Jurassic Park - The Ride.



If I ever decide to visit Japan again or other countries that has this theme park, my itinerary would definitely include Universal Studios. 

Let me know your experience here or if this post was helpful.

Until my next blog post!

0 comments: