Cheers To Life. Cheers To Everyday.

00:17 Unknown 0 Comments


It feels like yesterday, when I first laid my eyes on Rafaela, completely drained from a 2-hour delivery. Before the successful normal delivery, I remember asking my OB numerous times to do a CS instead, because she wasn’t going down at all. For a fact, I know I was crying, but tears won’t come out of my eyes since I was NPO for more than 30 hours. It wasn’t easy, and I thought we won’t make it. I kept praying in between breaths and break. And after 2 hours, I successfully gave birth to a baby girl.


When I look at her now, I always remind myself of that moment, and the time when I first held her in my arms. I feel unconditional love flowing all throughout my body, directed to this little person. And seeing her now makes everything ultimately worth it.


It’s really amazing how big she has grown. A few months ago, she was just a few inches from my arm, and now, she’s almost as big as my upper body. It’s exciting seeing her grow and witnessing her milestones.

From the little girl who only drinks liquid and is always on her back, to learning how to stand on her own and taking her first steps. I do my best to guide her, every step of the way and making sure she practice her newly acquired skills.

Tita Lola Jona sharing her fish with Raffy
There are a lot of firsts, and a whole lot of memorable moments that I share with her.   
One of those that I love the most is when I first introduced soft food to her. I was very excited feeding her food other than milk, because it’s one of the biggest milestones that signifies that she is actually growing up. (Sorry, I had to remind myself every single time.) Well, truth is, I’m partly scared that she is growing up too fast but mostly excited. 


She started eating her veggies and fruits 4 months ago, and I can’t help but find her adorable, when she kept sucking her spoon and sticking out her tongue. Of course, it was messy, but I told myself to worry about it afterwards. Just to be sure, I kept table napkins nearby.

Just to add my two cents, I prefer using table napkins, as they are easily disposed than washcloths. Washcloths or bibs easily pile up in the laundry, and I don’t like reusing or storing them in bed or in her playpen after feeding, with the fear of ants going after it every single time. At least with table napkins, you’re secure that no ants or bugs will come close to your little one.


Just make sure that you choose a brand that is safe to your kids, and that can also make feedings fun. The brand that I’m using is Cheers, not only do they offer hygienic table napkins with no artificial whiteners and elemental chlorine but they also have design prints, for a more colorful moment.

They have different kinds and sizes for every occasion, and I personally love their Pull Napkins (definitely makes my life easier!) Folded Party Naps, Pre-Cut Folded Napkins, Flat Napkins, Paper Towels and Kitchen Towels (aaghhh! I love them all!).


Feeding is one of my most treasured moments with Rafaela, and I make it a point to make it our thing by making it fun and hygienic (Exactly why I’m sticking with Cheers! They offer both!) It’s her time to explore, most especially now, that her 3rd tooth is about to erupt.
There are a whole lot more she’s about to learn, but for now, we will take it day by day, while subtly looking forward to her 1st Birthday a few months from now. 

0 comments: