Ascott Staycation: Last Horah For 2016

19:44 Unknown 1 Comments


In between Christmas and the New Year, my colleagues and I decided to have a small holiday celebration ourselves. We booked a really affordable One Bedroom Executive Luxury Serviced Apartment in Ascott Bonifacio Global City for only Php 9,497 (inclusive of hotel tax and service charge).

Given that we have work that day, it's an ultimate deal because the hotel is just a few minutes walk away from our office.

A quick Hello from our Special Guest
Emon of emontopoftheworld.com already started preparing our food the day before the booking. The room has an available kitchenette and kitchenware, making our lives easier. By the time we arrived in the hotel, just in time for dinner, all we had to do was heat all the food. As for the others, they did a quick grocery for the drinks and snacks.

The food already looks good, but trust me when I tell you they test a whole lot better!
I was never a big fan of crabs, because cracking the shells give me a hard time and I'm always uncertain of which part of it to eat. In a simplified phrase, I don't know how to eat crabs. Haha!

I guess this is the first time I actually appreciated crabs on the table. Thanks to Estell for teaching me how to eat and crack 'em crabs!

After we had our dinner, we had a few minutes to relax before resuming to our party. 


Until everyone was ready, we picked our teams randomly before starting our first game, which was charades. The 10 of us were divided in to 3 teams, and I was teamed up with J, Meg and Emon. 

Our team won the first round, but lost to Team #2 on the last round. 


When we finished playing our first game, we had a not-so-short video call with "Kuya Geoff" since he wasn't able to join us as he was out of town for the holidays. 


After more than an hour (I think), we proceeded to our second game for the night. Ping Pong Pang, is a drinking game and we had 2 1/2 bottles of wine prepared for it. Basically, whoever makes a mistake must drink (or in our case, at least sip) a small portion of the drink poured in the cup.

The pace of the game was pretty quick, but ultimately fun. You need to be really alert while playing, because like what happened to me, I was easily caught off guard whenever I'm checking my phone.

We weren't able to follow our "Program flow" and accomplish our Watch List, but it was an amazingly fun night full of laughters. Luckily though, no one reported us for being over the top noisy. HAHA!

We ended the night quickly, because some of us (ehem) slept early (Sorry friends hahaha), but from what I've heard the others slept at 3 AM.


Fast forward to the next day, Marga, Estell and I went to the gym in our attempt to be healthy and burn calories after consuming so much food the night before. After gyming, I headed to the pool for a quick swim with Meg, J and Ren then had our brunch after getting ready for check out.


Qouting Denise "When it's the people that makes a company fun", because I agree with her. I'm thankful for meeting, working and having these crazy people in my life. Thank you for making work and 2016 fun!

What makes working in Nuffnang amazing is having you people around, and gaining friends for keeps.


 I sure hope we can do this at least once a year. Love you guys! 💗💋

1 comment: