My DisneySea Experience

16:18 Unknown 0 Comments



They say Disneyland is "The happiest place on Earth". I'm not quite sure if DisneySea shares the same tagline.

Initially, I wasn't planning to go to any Disney theme park - because going to 2 or 3 theme parks in one Japan visit will not just eat a lot of your time, but is costly too!
Upon my research,  both online and through friends who have been already visited DisneySea - here is what I came up with:
Pro:
- The theme park is a must-visit, since it can only be found in Japan.
- Their attractions are more for adults, in comparison to Disneyland - which are more for kids.
Con:
- Occupies at least one (1) whole day
- Added expenses
- I'm not really a fan of the present attractions




The day before my colleagues' scheduled DisneySea trip, I decided "Sure, fine, why not, let's book it."
I would be lying if I say I wasn't excited to finally see a Disney theme park (Yep, I haven't been to DisneyLand as well up to now).
The entire theme park is meticulously designed, which is completely admirable! I was at awe since I first set foot inside the park. That moment, I could somehow understand what Alice felt like, when she found herself in Wonderland.
There are Seven (7) themed ports that composes the entire DisneySea theme park.
Mediterranean Harbor, American Waterfront, Mermaid Lagoon, Arabian Coast, Mysterious Island, Lost River Delta, and Port Discovery.





In total, I rode five (5) rides (if a railway is even counted)
1. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - At first I thought that we were actually underwater.
2. Jasmine's Flying Carpets - There is a controller, wherein you can control your "carpet" to go up and/or down.
3. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull - The first to many cart rides.
4. Journey to the Center of the Earth - Has to be my favorite among the four. You need to try it if you wanna know why.
5. DisneySea Electric Railway - A 2-minute ride that brought us to Port Discovery.

And I have to say, I adore the person who thought of inventing a Fast Pass - it saves you from waiting in long lines every single ride!





So much happiness, but then it got overwhelming.

In between rides in the afternoon, I got hungry and was getting any food I could find. People of the internet were right, the food there were twice the price! That would have been okay if they were at least fulfilling, but unfortunately they weren't. I even got an apple drink that was just composed of a couple of slices of apple in a small cup of hot water for 200 yen, I think.
We also tried the Smoked Turkey Leg for 750 yen, which at first look enticing but actually tastes raw. No offense, I'm a fan of sashimi - but I'll pass on this next time.



Conclusion:
If you are thinking of visiting DisneySea and having second thoughts if you should go or not, I suggest you do your research first. Aside from the fact that it added to my expenses, it wasn't that worth it at all. Sure, the concept and design are amazing, but I wasn't really a fan of their themed ports (except for Aladdin and maybe Little Mermaid).
There are a lot of food choices too even from the entrance. Oddly, we didn't find much when we were looking for a restaurant for our late lunch (except for snack/food stalls).
I don't see myself coming back there in the near future. My friend and I wanted to leave the theme park by 5:30pm - which says a lot of how bored we were.
I don't know about you, but these are my thoughts.



This is just based on my own experience, and it might be different from yours - if you wanna visit DisneySea, do it and find out for yourself.
Who knows, your trip might just be more fun than mine. *wink*

For more details, you may check Disneyland's official website here: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tds/

Let me know your thoughts.

0 comments: