Drive by Incubus to inspire.

20:34 Unknown 0 Comments

Earlier today, I was feeling pretty down; reflecting on a numerous things but mostly focusing on one aspect. There are a few things (or a lot) that would drag us down, and sometimes, even regret the decisions we made or what we could've or couldn't v have done to make things better and to prevent whatever you're going through to happen; but of course, we gotta learn the hard way.



On my way to Glorietta, I heard a familiar song on the radio. Something enlightening. I heard the nostalgic song by Incubus. I can say that i'm no big fan, but this song always get me stopping from skipping stations and/or tracks; but end up internalizing it and singing it. A song realized nearly 15 years ago, definitely a classic from the album, "Make Yourself".


There will always come a time when each of us need a push, a glimmer of hope, empowerment that we can get from friends, family, bible verses, life qoutes and also, music and lyrics. There are a lot of songs that will serves us courage, such as this song. Focusing on fear and finding courage. That whatever happens we should take it with arms wide open (K, I just stated another line from a different song lol). 

There are things that are beyond our control and all we can do is have the courage to face them, knowing that we'll get pass them in time. May it be days, weeks, months or years; it all depends on you. How long you'll want to get over it and how much you want to help yourself. Whatever it is, it's not meant to be easy, but you'll be waaay better soon. It'll make you stronger and wiser. It usually does. ;)

Anywaaay, below I've provided the complete lyrics of the song; if ever you need enlightenment. :)



Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear
Take the wheel and steer

It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I am beginning to find
That I should be the one behind the wheel

Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes
Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there, I'll be there

So if I decide to waiver my chance
To be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine
And hold my own and drive?

It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around
But lately I am beginning to find
That when I drive myself my light is found

So whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes
Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there, I'll be there

Would you choose water over wine
And hold my own and drive?
Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes

Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there, I'll be there

0 comments: