Top 10 Artisanal Coffee Shops in the Metro

12:09 Unknown 0 Comments

I can’t really recall when I had my first sip of coffee, aside from the fact that I was in still grade school then; but I’m pretty sure that that made me want to have a cup of my own. With the thinking, adults drink coffee because they’re in so much pressure or stress to need a caffeine in their system as a remedy to fight lethargy, but as I get older, I realize coffee is a good taking-it-slow buddy. Having the time to sit down alone, with a book, a laptop, a doodle book, homeworks; or even a way of friends to just sit down and catch up or just plainly kill time.

Honestly, my day won’t be complete without it. The caffeine doesn’t really help me much whenever I need to stay awake (maybe because I got immuned to it already), but it calms me down, like good things are still yet to come, so the “take today easy” not comes along with it.
Nearly two years ago, I started Google-ing artisanal or the so-called third wave cafes to avoid overflowing crowds and simply the eagerness to try something new drove me to look for new hang out places (But I would have to admit, I’m still in love with Starbucks’ White Chocolate Mocha and I still visit the establishment for the drink once in a while. Hihi)

Usually every visit, I would post photos of the places or the drink and snack or meal that I got; and after a while people started asking where it was, how they can visit the place and what to order; wanting to visit the places themselves. Numerous random people have also mentioned, that I should blog about these places; as it interest them as well and it would be very helpful to them to find new coffee shops and to try something different from the mainstream ones.

So here, in this blog; you will see my personal list; credits to Zomato and Spot.Ph of course for helping me track down these amazing coffee shops. *wink*:
For the photos, I have previously taken during my visits.

DISCLAIMER: Im no pro in photography, so im apologizing for my low quality shots.


    1.       Commune

                  Ground Floor, Liberty Plaza, 102 H. V. Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City

If you are interested with 3D foams, or instagramable coffee; this is one of my most suggested place. They also got plugs, wifi and comfy seats. *wink*




2.            Kuppa Roastery & Café

           Ground Floor, Commercenter Building, 4th Avenue Corner 31st Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City


I consider this my happy place, they have almost everything; good food & coffee (my fave is the Choco Banana Latte), plugs for your laptops, mobile phones, etc., wifi and a corner where no one can disturb you as you study, read, doodle or whatsoever.





  3.       Toby’s Estate

V Corporate Center, 125 L.P Leviste Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City

            Hidden in the busy streets of Makati, where people would want to settle or relax after a long day at work. Tip: Always ask for the Slow Bar Menu, since it doesn't really come with the regular menu (and for some reason they forget to show it to the guests) for more coffee options. My personal favorite drink: Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Konga, coffee with a strawberry, tea-like, floral, sweet, long finish. :)
     


  4.       Epic Coffee Roastery
        
7th East Building, 102 East Capitol Drive Corner Santa Rosa Street ,Kapitolyo, Pasig City

This one is pretty memorable, since I had to kill time while waiting for our frisbee training; I headed to Kapitolyo to have a cup of coffee. And to my surprise, they offer one with a marshmallow shot which psyched me out (since im a marshmallow, bubblegum and cotton candy person lol) and I just had to try it. T'was enough to keep me hyper the entire night leaving me satisfied. Hihi




5.       Luna Specialty Coffee

Ground Floor, NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

                   How often do you find a place where they serve Flat Tops & White Rabbit flavored coffee? Not often, I would say; but here, you can have a glass full of Flat Tops & White Rabbit,                          satisfying your nostalgic childhood with a sip. :)




 6.       Yardstick

Ground Floor, Universal LMS Building, 106 Esteban Street,Legaspi Village, Makati City

Good spacious ambiance, with a private room perfect for meetings. Just like what they posted right before the entrance, "If You Never Try, You'll Never Know."




7.   Habitual Coffee

Inside Edition Lifestyle Store,Ortigas Home Depot, Dona Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas, Pasig City

Don't be deceived by the outside, you might think this place is another lifestyle shop; well it is. They have accessories, decors for your house, notebooks...etc; but they offer a lot more than that. They also serve goodies for your tummy tum tum. :)




      8.       The Curator Coffee and Cocktail

134 Legaspi Corner Don Carlos Palanca Street, Inside Cyrano Wine Bar, Legaspi Village, Makati City

            Like how I usually describe to my friends, a coffee shop that is converted into a bar at 6pm hidden in a Wine Shop. It may confuse you, but it's pretty surprising. More like a the coolest hidden lair for coffee and cocktail drinkers.




    9.       Local Edition

      116 Perea Street,Legaspi Village, Makati City 

What I like about this place, is that the hip and relaxing environment. Plus, they serve coffee, topped with a cookie with frosting that I loved munching when I was little. I should thank Mary Grace Balacuit for bringing me to this place, a dear colleague whom I share the same passion for coffee drinking, and also for the letting me use your photo. :)


    


10.   Craft Coffee Revolution

                66 Broadway Avenue,New Manila, Quezon City


              If you want another Instagram-able cup with a good tasting coffee, here's another  place for you. I remember visiting this place with friends, though they don't serve  tea lattes; one of my friends requested a tea with a foam art. The staff was kind  enough to provide my gal-pal a tea latte just for her to take a photo of. (Total LOL  moment for me,) Awesome staff they got there. :)



0 comments: